Fortunately, thanks to the advancement of eCommerce industry, customers can find everything online ranging from cosmetics to electronics. And thanks to the upsurge of internet users across the globe, the eCommerce market is worth $1.1 trillion. However, the same internet upsurge that has benefited the e-commerce industry has become a source of competition for the distributors, retailers, and manufacturers. A market study shows that in 2018, 47.3% of internet users have made successful online purchases and the number has grown ever since. This clearly means that eCommerce distributors and manufacturers have a large scope of enhancing their profits. If you are looking for ways to take advantage of this growth, then this blog offers a master strategy that will double your revenue in the first 3 quarters, and in just 4 easy steps.
Standardize the ContentNeedless to say, strong content helps you attain customer trust. Standardizing the content and efficient content marketing helps you in customer retention. A useful content strategy includes:
- High-quality, detail-oriented, and informative product descriptions
- A well-defined Schema to improve your search engine results. A recent study has shown that websites with schema rank an average of 4 positions higher in the Search Engine Result Pages (SERPs).
- A user-friendly taxonomy to showcase your product list, enhancing the online shopping experience for the buyers
- Appropriate meta titles and meta descriptions to make your website visible on the SERPs
- Comprehensive product catalogs for showcasing product range
- Product reviews to reflect the honest opinions of the existing customers.
Build an online catalogDistributors and manufacturers can be highly benefited by creating an online catalog of their products. Firstly, an online catalog offers an immediate view of all changes in the product list available for buyers. In today’s competitive era, quick product updates can be offered with the help of e-catalog One of the most important advantages of having an e-catalog is being able to sync the inventory across the value chain. For instance, if a manufacturer chooses to stop producing a product, the entire value chain is updated immediately and the product stops appearing in the e-catalog. This prevents any order being placed for the same product and saves any unsuccessful purchases. This means attracting more retailers, resulting in better sales. In addition, here are some more advantages of e-catalogs:
- More accurate orders leading to better customer satisfaction
- Better purchasing process
- Reduced raw material costs like paper, printing, and so on.
- Reduced costs for data processing operations.
Build an APIAPI or Application Programming Interface is a gateway that connects two distinct databases, helping them communicate better. For instance, with the help of API two different e-catalogs can be easily uploaded online. APIs will connect your products with other products without the need for implementation. APIs will also sync the inventory online keeping the product list updated in real time. Here are some benefits of building an API
- APIs can instantly help the retailers and distributors go online. This will eventually help them attract more customers online, increasing their revenues.
- APIs can help distributors and manufacturers create a network with their clients, vendors, suppliers, partners and even employees.
- APIs help to streamline operations
Promote your ProductsA detailed product description made available to the customers through e-catalog does half the work for the distributors. A large percentage of the other half goes to product promotion. Studies have shown that 64.6% of people click on Google ads anytime they are wanting to buy something online. Here are some ways in which you can promote your products online.
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO) defines the product for its target audiences.
SEO establishes the technical parameters that allow your product to appear on the top search results and helps you direct your customers to the most convenient distributor or retailer available.