An e-commerce business may generate a considerable quantity of data relating to measurements, inventory, and descriptions, and it is often a challenge to keep the data up-to-date and accurate.
So, there is a need to make the data easily accessible and uniform, and this is where Product Data Management (PDM) comes into the picture. Through good Product Data Management, you can make sure your e-commerce data is regulated and organized. A comprehensive Product Data Management system also makes sure that your data is well-structured, user-friendly as well as available to your customers when they visit your e-commerce website.
A good PDM system will help your e-commerce brand collect product information from a variety of sources, including suppliers, to provide your consumers with accurate product data. PDM systems play an important role in aggregating product information, tagging processes, and distributing product information across a variety of distribution channels. Most OEMs have BOM data in enterprise resource planning (ERP) systems, product lifecycle management (PLM) systems and computer-aided design (CAD) databases.
Features of the Product Data Management software:
- Product Data Import
- Product Data Mapping
- Product Data Quality Reporting
What is Product Data Management?
Product data management is the process of managing and curating data for each product in an e-commerce store. This includes including product images, descriptions, reviews, tags and more.
How does Product Data Management work?
- It is a repository of central knowledge for the products.
- It processes the history as well as promotes data exchange and integration between companies and all users that interact with the product, for example- project managers, engineers, sales employees, purchasers and quality assurance teams.
- Central databases manage metadata such as owner files, share status, components, etc.
- Centralized software systems provide other systems in the company with the necessary information about the product.
- It is used in the engineering environment to manage product-related data throughout the product lifecycle.
- It controls product-related data and associated workflows and processes within a company.
- It uses software to manage, store and process information about a particular product in a single central system.
- It is a tool that designers use to create initial specifications and prototypes for new products.
Improve your E-commerce data quality substantially with these plethora of benefits that PDM offers:
- PDM manages and tracks all the product data related changes.
- It controls processes, helping minimize the streamline design data and cycle times.
- It improves productivity by reusing the product design data and making timely decisions.
- It enhances stakeholder and global team collaboration that are in association with the products.
- The visual review is much easier with it and all product data related changes are instantly managed and tracked, simplifying audit trail.
- It takes care of all business requirements as it allows the classification and extraction of accurate as well as precise data.
- It assesses all the product launch and creation associated costs.
- It helps optimize business profitability by reducing the incurred production costs.
- It controls the entire vigilance, reducing the probability of errors, thus improving the quality of the opted measures.
- It achieves the desired levels of security associated with projects and access privileges through its approach of role management.
- It helps protect sensitive information.
We know that achieving the desired kind of success through your E-commerce business can be challenging. Let your E-commerce product data manager do all the heavy lifting for you, and make sure your data is still the most accurate, good quality and free of errors. What could be better than this? Whether it is the assignment of unique identifiers, entry of product data, product descriptions, taxonomy development, or the processing of the catalogs, every one of your products come with their own sets of management and organization for the most improved user experience. Your Product Data Management system can take care of all these tasks easily and help you catapult your business with your in-house resources freed up.
Product data management is therefore essential when it comes to improving the data quality and ease of product processes of your E-commerce business. Rich and good quality product content is central to a connected customer experience that leads to better customer engagement and increased sales. Choose Altius to implement it for you. Here’s more information about our E-commerce Product Data Management services. Connect to us here to get it done now.
Contact us to get the best product data management solutions